Thursday, January 17, 2013

Entry One - Me!

My name is Mike Armstrong currently I am a Junior at the University of South Carolina. I major in Integrated Information Technology and plan to graduate in the spring of 2014.

I created this blog as part of an assignment for one of my college courses. Throughout the semester I will be posting entries of things I find interesting that are related to the material in my course.

My college career had been pretty typical for about the first year and a half. Going to class, hanging out with friends...you know college things. Then in the spring of last year I was bored and my parents told me I should look into study abroad. Luckily for me if they hadn't said it when they did  I wouldn't have been able to fit it into my course load. Living in Rome, Italy was the best six months of my life. Up's and down's traveling with friends getting stuck in foreign countries I couldn't have asked for a better experience. After this life changing period I gained a second love. First had always been technology, its the reason I got into information technology in the first place. Second is traveling after that time I got the travel bug and its all I want to do now. Which has pushed me into the direction I am now; Back at the University of South Carolina working on finishing my degree I was able to attain in Internship that combines my two loves in life! This summer I will be interning with State Department working at the Consulate of Naples in Italy.

Well thats just a little bit about me for now. There will be more in the next few weeks and months as the semester progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment